Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Gotta Have It... aka Did I show this off yet.

In a quest to clean up stuff on my computer and also start posting again, I have a few scans to show.  The first is something that caught my eye while house cleaning a couple months ago.  And yes, house cleaning is part of the reason I haven't posted a lot lately.  My house isn't that cluttered, its just that I am trying to go through stuff to sell our house (well my mom's house, but all my stuff is there) and have been sidetracked a lot.

Who cares, lets see pictures.



Am I the only one who remembers this?  I showed a friend and he had no clue what this was.  Basically it was a discount card type thing found inside cases of Pepsi.  If you had this card, you could get discounts at different places on stuff.  I had quite a few of these, and it seemed so cool, almost like I had a credit card.  The thing is that I never used it, it was just cool to have.  I mean you GOTTA HAVE IT!


I looked online after I found this at what all you could use it for, and I don't think I would have used it at any rate.  You could get a discount at Blockbuster Video, but we didn't have one.  Our movie store was Aardvark Video (which later became a Movie Gallery), and our local grocery store had some movies as well.  In fact I think I've only been inside a blockbuster once, maybe twice.  I also never owned a pair of Reebok's that I'm aware of.  My shoes always came from Walmart, and I'm not ashamed of that.  My shoes today still come from Walmart.  As for the MTV, I don't know what the deal was with them, but I didn't get MTV until almost 2000, and today I don't have it either.  I don't think I'm missing too much.


How about some oversized cards?  I have a few, and found these while cleaning.  It was cool to find the St. Louis Cardinals cards with Smokey The Bear on it.  I could tell a Mitch Hedburg joke here, but I'll let you youtube him yourself so you can experience his greatness, may he rest in peace.

I don't know if I have others, but I wish I could find them if I did.  The shocking moment came when I found the Dan Quisenberry oversized card.  I know these were part of my dad's collection, but I don't remember seeing it before.  Out of all the cards of a Royal, I am happiest to have this one.  Maybe I might search for others online one day.  Likely once I finish cleaning.  I don't have time or really the room right now.

One the bottom is some randomness.  There is a Tyler Reks coin thing (I think Topps called them Chipz) which is kinda cool.  I liked T-Reks, so since it doesn't take up much space it will be a keeper.  An old Royals patch that was my dads is next to it.  I don't know the exact time frame but it is early 80s I believe.  The logo has stayed mostly the same throughout their existence, but a few subtle changes makes it a little easy to pinpoint it some.

Finally are some beer coasters.  Now on the surface, let me say I don't drink.  However, I've always been attracted to beer related stuff, and I went to Cargo Largo a few years back and they had like 100-250 count packs of coasters for either a buck or 50 cents.  I bought one of each of these designs, and still have most of them.  Maybe one day I'll use some of them.


Finally is some cards I won a few months back on Listia.  I still go there at least once a day, but I don't bid on much these days.  Thanks to some goals they've had, I have managed to increase my credits by a lot lately, so I can bid on stuff when I feel like it.

I don't know if I showed these off yet, so here they are.  The Rios I'm not even sure I won on Listia, but oh well.  I know I won the Sportflics card of Maddux on there.  I need to update my Maddux list and see what I've gotten this year.  Another Harry Gant card to add to my collection, and to be honest, I think I have enough of his cards now.  I don't plan on getting every card he ever had, but a few is nice to have.

The bottom row has a Minions card.  I got it for my mom, who likes those guys.  I just can't get into it, even though I did see the first Despicable Me in the theaters.  Maybe even in 3-D (which in my opinion is a rip off, but so is going to the movies in the first place).  Finally is a Royals sticker card.  It's possible I had this already, but I don't think I did.  It was like 50 credits I think so I didn't spend much on it.  I found some other stickers of Royals lately I didn't know I had, so I still have a long way to go to finish sorting cards.

That wraps it up today, thanks if your still reading, and I really hope to be writing more soon, I have a few things to talk about, but its finding time and space (one day my desk was filled sky high with CD's to rip), once things settle down, I hope to be back more often.  Have a great night.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar